Past Year Evaluation for New Year’s Resolutions: Digital Marketing Questions to Ask About Your Business
As the New Year approaches, it’s important to stop and think about the past year when it comes to your small business and its online marketing strategy. Past Year Evaluations can really recharge energy and refresh perspective so that you can make solid New Year’s Resolutions for your company’s digital marketing strategy.
So as you enter the New Year, Mountain Air Marketing wanted to give you few things to evaluate when it comes to your digital marketing. Because your past will inform your future as a business!
Know Your Digital Marketing Strengths & Weaknesses
Look back on the past year and take time to think through you own strengths and weaknesses when it came to this year. It’s important to think about things like:
- How many people shared your blog posts? Did people ignore your social media posts, or did they share them?
- Did your social media following grow, dwindle, or stay the same? It’s important to see if you’ve had growth in order to evaluate if what you’re doing is helping or not.
- What were your most popular social media posts? What really worked to engage people on your social media channels?
- Did you get positive and negative reviews on Google, Yelp, and so forth? Did people go out of their way to leave reviews, and were they negative or positive?
- Where did your website get traffic from? Were they mainly website visitors from certain social networks, or did search engine key words drive the traffic?
- What was the open rate on your emails? Did people consistently click to open up your emails, or did they ignore them?
- How many ROM did you make with your digital marketing? Were you able to correlate any sales from your digital marketing? Any meaningful customer connections?
All these questions will come in handy for the year ahead!
Know Your Competitors
You should also take some time to evaluate your competitors in your industry and ask the same kinds of questions above when it comes to them about the past year. At the very least, social media says a lot, and really seeing what engaged people and what didn’t over the last 12 months with competitors can be a huge help to you and your business.
So how did they do? What were things that seemed to be successful for them, and what were things that didn’t seem to work? Study who you admire and respect and take notes on what really sticks out, as well as what you don’t like. There’s a lot to learn from simply watching another business navigate the same space. And who knows? Maybe there’s an opportunity to connect as colleagues and help each other out if there seem to be common issues facing you particular industry in the digital space.
Know Your Customers
Every single year, Colorado Springs and the surrounding Pikes Peak Region gets bigger and bigger. Have you studied up on the ever-changing demographics of your area? It’s an evolving consumer scene, and you need to stay on top of what’s going on so that you can make sure you’re not missing key markets. Do some research, ask questions, and see what you find.
Conducting surveys and having conversations with loyal customers can be really helpful, too. Ask yourself: “What are the consumer’s needs, and how can I meet them in better ways in the months ahead? What are things people are asking for, what are the complaints, and how can I respond?”
All of this Past Year Evaluation will help you be inspired to some up with New Year’s Resolutions for your company and strategize for the online marketing months ahead.
If you have any questions at all about how to evaluate and analyze social media, website, or online marketing, MAM is always around to help you out. So don’t hesitate to reach out, because we love talking strategy with small businesses.
Happy New Year!