Advertising on social media has become a matter of “when” and not “if”.
Platforms like Facebook and Instagram prioritize posts by friends and family, making it harder for companies to compete for news feed space. However, with a good strategy and great marketing company behind you, paid social can ensure that your ads have a place on your desired customers feed.
Getting started with paid social, also known as social media advertising sounds like a big step, especially if you have recently launched your business. A lot of us think of social media as a “free” platform in which we use for our personal and sometimes business use. But free social media will only take you so far.
What is Paid Social or Social Media Advertising?
Paid social refers to social media advertising, as opposed to organic unpaid posts. Paid social is sponsored content that appears on your social media feed with a call to action. Have you noticed that product or service you searched on google now appears in your timeline when you scroll? Well, that’s not by accident. It’s a strategy curated by that company to remind you of something you have found interest in, in hopes you will buy/use that product or service.
Have you heard of the phrase “you have to pay to play?” This is basically the definition of social media advertising. Unlike traditional advertising channels, paid social has many advantages that allows companies to be much more efficient with their advertising dollars. It offers the opportunity for companies to raise brand awareness, drive traffic to websites or store fronts, generate leads and conversions, and overall produce immediate results for businesses. Social media advertising campaigns enables you to target your most relevant customers, by reaching a larger audience and using data to provide you with the best results.
What goes into creating an Ad on social platforms?
When it comes to creating a successful Facebook campaign, make sure your company has established goals and objectives that can lead to clear and concise results. And then follow our recipe for success:
- Set your budget
- Define your campaign objective (awareness, consideration, conversion)
- Research your ideal target audience
- Create your images/videos (find inspiration)
- Track your paid efforts with analytics
Need more reasons why paid social is a great strategy to start in your business? Below are some fun facts that show the power of what social media brings to the table.
- 50% of people have visited a site to make a purchase after seeing a product on Instagram
- 130 million Instagram users tap on shopping posts every month
- 55% of consumers first learn about brands / companies on social media
- 78% of consumers will buy from a brand or service when they have a positive experience on social
- Social data is now the primary source of business intelligence for companies
- 73% of all marketers rank “increased acquisition of new customers” as their top outcome for social in 2021
- 64% of businesses said in the last 12 months, a video on Facebook resulted in a new client.
- 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
Interested in paid social or growing your company? We offer multiple packages that fit every client’s budget. If you would like to learn more about our offerings and how we can help you grow your business through social media advertising, please reach out either by phone or our Contact Us page.